Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reflection on Consultation with Dissertation Supervisor


This blog is a reflection on a meeting I held with my MPhil. ICTs in Education supervisor Cheryl Brown in Cape Town on 13 September 2012. The aim of the consultation was to provide guidance on my Literature Review and Research Methodology draft chapter outlines.

Literature Review
After the consultation my reflections on this chapter are that:
1. I need to give more background information on the TEVET sector and e-learning implementation. This is to enable my readers/external examiners have a clear context of the subject I am discussing.
2. I also need to read literature on how diffusion of innovation theory has been applied in various contexts such as medical field, business and so on and show that perhaps in vocational training the theory has not been used much in order  to explain how the sector adopt e-learning innovations.
3. I need to look for online/e-books e.g. on Google Books as a substitute for physical books.

Research Methodology
1. On this chapter I need to justify my chosen research strategy.
2. I need to be clearwhether I need to use interviews, observations and focus groups. It maybe useful to use only interviews.
3. In order to submit my dissertation by February/March 2013 I need to collect my data by 30 September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment