What are some of the criteria that are used to assess dissertations? Here are 7 criteria proposed by Mubanga Changala of the University of Zambia as I penned down the notes in my MBA class in 2006.
1. The purpose of the research is clear in terms of reference and objectives.
2. Clear and good choice of methodology.
3. Application of theory i.e. quality of literature review. Does theory reflect standard of a Master's
4. Quality of data collection and analysis i.e. reliability and validity: testing what you purported to be
5. Coherence of arguments i.e. argue with purpose, understanding and insight.
6. Clear conclusions and recommendations. Recommendations are action plans.
7. Good and clear presentation.