Monday, February 22, 2016

Starting Secondary School: Some Reflections

The following articles was written 10 years ago as I reflected my entry into Secondary school

Today 23 February marks exactly 25 years since I stepped onto the gates of Kafue Boys to start my form 1. What an exciting day it was. No more wearing shorts! No more learning from 1 teacher! But many teachers.Who would have thought that 25 years later I'd be responsible for the education of many youths in my country?
Only God! As I look back I say wow how time flies! Much has happened within and around me over the past 25 years.

Our educational system has changed quite a lot. 25 years ago! A young man in his teens facing an uncertain future. Now can look back and say "Thank God he saw me through secondary school days, university days, working life and given me a family". Some of my school mates have passed on from this life to the next. Why has God spared such a worm as I? O Lord may you teach me why I'm still here on earth. Is it for my own purposes alone? God forbid!

Has our educational system improved? You are the judge if you have been in Zambia for the last 25 years. Can it improve? Definitely! We need to take up the place we once had in the region of being a powerhouse in education.

What is your contribution to this improvement? What is my contribution? Let's think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment